Pilates is a form of low-impact exercise which concentrates on strengthening the body with an emphasis on core strength. This helps to improve general fitness and overall well-being.
Pilates can be an aerobic and non-aerobic form of exercise. It requires concentration and focus, because you move your body through precise ranges of motion. Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in your body. In Pilates, your muscles are never worked to exhaustion, so there is no sweating or straining, just intense concentration.
I provide high quality personalised pilates classes either one on one, home sessions or in a class environment. I offer mat work Pilates classes; beginners, intermediate and advanced, and specialised equipment for resistance are used.
The Health Benefits of Pilates Include:
- Improved flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- Balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- Enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- Improved stabilisation of your spine
- Improved posture
- Rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- Improved physical coordination and balance
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- Improved concentration
- Increased body awareness
- Stress management and relaxation