Massage Therapy is the manual manipulation of soft tissue. Through the manipulation of soft tissue, a massage therapist aims to treat soft tissue injury, dysfunction and imbalances in attempts to restore the tissue to its full, healthy potential.
Through the use of Trigger Point Therapy and Soft Tissue Manipulation I aim:
- To manage stress and postural imbalances
- Promote muscle recovery (pre/post event)
- Prevent injury
- Alleviate the symptoms and discomfort from occupational stresses
- Treat muscular overuse
- Manage chronic pain conditions
- Improve muscular and joint range of motion
- To help with overall stress relief
- To aid relaxation
With the understanding of what massage therapy is; there are many different types of massage therapy depending on what your objectives are.