Qualified Therapeutic Massage Therapist specializing in Sports and Remedial massage.
Through the use of Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release and Soft Tissue Manipulation I aim:
– To manage stress and postural imbalances
– Promote muscle recovery (pre/post event)
– Prevent injury
– Alleviate the symptoms and discomfort from occupational stresses
– Treat muscular over-use
– Manage chronic pain conditions
– Improve muscular and joint range of motion
– To help with overall stress relief and aid relaxation
Pilates is similar to yoga but emphasizes your body’s core. For this reason, Pilates develops much of what exercisers need — strength, flexibility, muscular endurance, coordination, balance, and good posture — with a much lower chance of injury than with other forms of exercise. Pilates focuses more on correct form instead of going for the sweat and burn.
Because of its core focus, Pilates is popular not only in the field of fitness, but also in rehabilitation. It can be used to progress individuals through movements that represent their day-to-day activities. The focus on strengthening the core and improving postural awareness are especially well indicated for the alleviation and prevention of back, neck and joint pain.
I provide high quality personalised pilates classes either one on one, home sessions or in a class environment.